Poan Pan is a Taiwan-based freelance illustrator known for whimsical illustrations with a soft palette and coloured pencils. After graduated from Central Saint Martins with a degree in Graphic Communication Design in 2021, he has been working as a freelance illustrator.
His work celebrates the movement and warmth of humanity, capturing the essence of awkwardness and quirkiness in everyday life.
Resonating with daily life's awkwardness, his illustrations reflect the quirks and nuances of human posture and movement. He inspires viewers to embrace their uniqueness and find joy in unexpected moments. With an optimistic colour palette, he conveys the magic of humanity, inviting others to appreciate the beauty in our imperfections.
Click to Contact:
Cubitts, The New York Times, WePresent, Weekendavisen, The New Statesman, Politico EU, Neue Narrative Magazine, Like the Wind magazine, Just Breathe Magazine, Sojourners, Skinny magazine, 1611, RICS Modus(SUNDAY Creative) and the Key Visual for the Taiwan International Human Rights Film Festival.
Featured(Click the title to read the content)
- 設計之星設計師訪談：Poan(Interview), Transform Design, 2023
- Illustrating in Photoshop with Poan Po-An Pan, Adobe Live, 2023
- An Interview with Poan Pan , Cubitts, 2023
- Mentee Spotlight: Poan Pan, Ben O’Brien, 2022
- Porträt der Woche: Poan Pan , PAGE, 2022
- Po-An Pan's illustrations share the 'warmth and awkwardness' of what it means to be human, Creative Boom, 2022
- Intervista illustrata| Poan Pan in 5 disegnini, Artwort, 2022
- Illustration with Poan Pan, Whos Flying The Plane, 2022
- Back to Normality - il ritorno alla vita ordinaria secondo Poan Pan, Artwort, 2022
- AOI Mentorship 2022: Introducing Poan Pan, AOI, 2022
- Creative Value#2, Fuse, 2022
- Ask An Illustrator, Make Bank, 2021
- Degree Show, University of Arts London, Virtual, 2021
- Selected, House of Illustration x Central Saint Martins #IllustratorAsJouurnalist, 2019
- Merit Award (Self-Promotion Category), iJungle Illustration Awards 2021
- Finalist , Healthy Scepticism Film Festival 2020
- Freelance Illustrator and designer, January 2022 - Present
- Volunteer Illustrator, Seriously Human, June 2020 - May 2021
BA Graphic Communication Design
Central Saint Martins, UAL
October 2018 - June 2021
Foundation Diploma in Art and Design
London College of Communication, UAL
September 2017 - May 2018
BA Applied Foreign Languages
Shih Chien University, Taipei
August 2012 - June 2016